Got this strange error while installing Horizon View Composer 6.0.
"Error 1920. Service VMware View Composer (svid) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."
Manually starting the service also fails and does not report any errors. The view composer logs do not get created as well. Windows logs an error event
To work around the issue turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update.
In order to Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update:
- Click Start > Run, type gpedit.msc, and click OK.
- In the left pane,under Local Computer Policy, Click Computer Configuration
- In the right pane, double-click these folders, Administrative Templates > System > Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication Settings.
- Right-click Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update and click Edit.
- Select Enabled and click OK.
Tried the following, none helped:
- Changed the service account to local administrator, domain administrator.
- Installed MS KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2677070, as per VMware KB http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2081888
- Verified the account used to create the DSN in ODBC is the owner of the DB as per VMware KB, http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2030823
Still trying to figure out why automatic root certificates update should affect the View Composer service. Will update this post as soon as I find out.