The sfcbd (Small foot print CIM broker daemon) is responsible for reporting the hardware status that is viewed via the vSphere client.
In order to enable debug logging:
- Stop sfcbd service by running the command:
- Set the CIM log level to 7 by running the command:
esxcfg-advcfg -s 7 /UserVars/CIMLogLevel
- Start sfcbd service by running the command:
- Collect the vmsupport log bundle. In ESXi 5.1 and above, sfcbd logs to /var/log/syslog.log.
**Note: **The default logging level is 3. Ensure you revert the logging level back to 3 after collecting the debug logs.
In order to revert the debug logging back to 3:
- Stop sfcbd service
- Set the CIM log level back to 3:
`esxcfg-advcfg -s 3 /UserVars/CIMLogLevel
- Start sfcbd